Thought I'd try my hand at this so called internets blog business that all the kids are talking about these days. Lets jump right in with the proper introduction. My name is Jonathan Ross Balthaser. I grew up in suburban Boston (Lexington), attended Skidmore College in upstate New York, and I now live in Brooklyn, New York where I manage a high end furniture and lighting store on Hot-lantic Ave, better known as Atlantic Ave. for the uninitiated. I'm 26 years old. So yes, its true, I'm white, middle class and male. I know it sounds dreadfully dull, but here where it gets a little interesting - I'm a flaming homosexual. Because even this distinction elicts yawns from the non-christian fundamentalist masses these days, I got married (to a man) this summer and we now live is wedded bliss (usually) with our adorable dog Kipper. Whether I want to admit it or not, my decision to wed has ushered in a new phase of my life and behold, a blog is born to document it all. In this blog I intend to comment on, among other things: gay life, married life, my life obsessions, interests and pet peeves, board games, Provincetown, my dog, Brooklyn, my husband, sex, hot men, video games, wii, my desire for an xbox 360, tennis, horror movies, indie movies, and all other kinds of movies, guys I wanna do, guys who wanna do me, my evolving relationship with drugs, musings on how most entertainment is over-rated, my desire to write for Entertainment Weekly, my quest to get into Journalism Grad school, my job, poppers, Abba, Madonna, ways my husband annoys me, ways my husband makes me happy, Massachusetts, the Berkshires, New York City, my fear and the lure of moving to the country, my anxieties that the world is about to end, the saga of our apartment building and whether or not we are getting a fat payoff to move out early, porn, the Patriots and Tom Brady (see: hot men and guys I wanna do), my parents, my brother, my extremely gay family, my friends, Settlers of Catan, my sordid past, and hot tranny messes, among other things.
xoxo,
JR
I found your blog! This is fabulous
ReplyDelete